Monday, September 12, 2011

Laid up boats and firewatch, what a joke.

I've been living on this laid-up vessel for going on three weeks now and working on a fleet tug at night. Well there are two guys that are on this thing all the time, talk about slobs. They leave dishes in the sink for days... hell there has been a pot in the sink and a pan on the stove for a week.

Air in my room is fine after midnight but it gets about 90° in it during the day so when I get off the tug at 5am I can get about five hours of sleep before it gets too hot. Even when I take a shower I feel dirty around there, it takes me almost half an hour to shower due to the lack of any real water pressure.

To say this really sucks is an understatement which is putting it mildly. At least working nights it has been really slow in the fleets so i've had a lot of time to do some thinking about money, business, life, and games. I know that I don't really have it all that bad when I really look at things but I can't help but think that life could be so much better if I could make $200,000 - $500,000 or even $1,000,000 a year.

But all that's another story right now





No comments: